Icebreaker: Who was one of your role models while you were growing up?
- Read Luke 17:1-10. What might be an example of what Jesus is talking about in verse 1? How could you live out verses 3-4 without reinforcing someone’s bad behavior? Why do you think the disciples asked Jesus, “Increase our faith” (verse 5)? What did Jesus mean by his response (verse 6)?
- Which aspect of being a disciple of Jesus do you have the most trouble with? How would changing that affect other areas of your life as a disciple?
- Read Luke 17:11-19. What would it have felt like to be a leper? What would being healed mean for them? How do you think the nine lepers rationalized not going back to thank Jesus? What is significant about the one being a Samaritan?
- Why is gratitude important to Jesus? How you express gratitude to others? To God?
- How can we pray for each other?