Icebreaker: What is one skill that you secretly possess?
- Read Acts 1:6-9. What are the disciples hoping will happen at this point? What were Jesus’ instructions to them? Why do Jesus’ disciples need the Holy Spirit?
- Read 2 Timothy 1:5-9. Along with being reminded of Timothy’s sincere faith, what does Paul remind Timothy to do? What is one weakness that Timothy appears to have, and what does Paul remind him of regarding it?
- Read Romans 12:3-8. How clear is your sense of the gifts God has given you? Are you more likely to “think of yourself more highly than you ought” or put yourself down?
- Can you think of a time when your actions demonstrated that you were “all in” for Jesus? What did that look like? Can you think of a time when you held back from being “all in” for Jesus? What held you back? What holds you back from using your gifts more fully right now?
- How can we pray for each other?