Icebreaker:Who was the first (or most impactful) person who told you about the love of Jesus?
- Read Matthew 22:34-40. What sort of thing do you thing the teacher of the law expected to hear when he asked Jesus this question? What do you think Jesus had in mind? What specific things come to mind when you think of showing God’s love in your life?
- Read I Corinthians 9:19-23. How do you think Paul spoke and acted differently when he was with different groups of people? What would he have changed? What would he refuse to change? What was his motivation?
- Read I Corinthians 13:4-7. This passage is often read at weddings, but how do these principles apply to the way we are to love our neighbors and acquaintances? What habits could you put in place to cause you to better reflect this kind of love in your life?
- Who do you find it hard to love? What can you do to intentionally show them love in the next week?
- How can we pray for each other?