Icebreaker: What is the funniest or cutest thing you have heard a child pray?
- Read Luke 11:1-4. What motivates the disciples to ask about prayer at this point? What comes first in Jesus’ prayer? What comes second? Why are these important? What does praying for “daily bread” encapsulate? How are prayer and forgiveness connected?
- Read Luke 11:5-10. What does this parable teach about prayer? What does it teach about us?
- Lead Luke 11:11-13. What does this parable teach about prayer? What does it teach about God?
- How do you usually pray? When and where do you usually pray? What kind of expression occupies most of your prayer (praise, confession, petition, etc.)? What do your prayers need more of?
- How can we pray for each other?