Icebreaker: What is an example of a rule you had to follow that you thought was silly?
· Read Luke 6:1-5. What is the main issue here for the Pharisees? What is the main issue for Jesus? How does Jesus clear up the issue of the Sabbath?
· Read Luke 6:6-11. When have you felt the tension between obeying rules and helping people? What causes that tension? What relieves it? Why do you think Jesus provoked the Pharisees by healing on the Sabbath rather than just waiting to heal until the next day?
· Why is it important to practice Sabbath principles in our lives? What does observing the Sabbath look like for us (give specific examples). When in your life did you do really well at observing Sabbath principles?
· On a scale of 1-10, how well are you observing a weekly Sabbath currently? What could you start doing (or stop doing) to improve that score?
· How can we pray for each other?