Icebreaker: What food do you have the most difficultly resisting? How often do you eat it?
Read Luke 4:1-13
- Describe Jesus’ circumstances during this temptation. How was he feeling? What had recently happened to him?
- Look at the temptations Jesus faced. What was the appeal of each of them? What was the cost? What did they have in common? How were they different?
- If the devil were to take three shots at you, what do you think he might tempt you with? How would you stand up to that temptation?
- What helps up overcome temptation? How can we/should we prepare for temptation?
- How can we pray for each other?