ICEBREAKER: Do you have a personal mission statement? Please share with the group what your mission statement is. If you don’t have a personal mission statement, maybe the group can help construct one with you.
- Read Matthew 28:16-20
- Who came to see Jesus? What does this text tell us about the disciples? Where do you find yourself more naturally, leaning to doubt or worship?
- What are the elements of Jesus’ commissioning? Why is baptism so important in the discipleship journey? If you have been baptized, share with us what you remember about that experience. If you have not been baptized, please share what questions you might have.
- “Teaching them to obey . . .” When will we have learned all that Jesus wants us to know? Does this bring you comfort of dismay? Why?
- Jesus promises that he is with us always. How does this help us in carrying out the mission of making disciples? How does Jesus presence in our life help us with our day to day concerns?
- How can we pray for each other this week?