ICEBREAKER: What is one of the most important things you learned from your parents or the people who raised you?
Read Joshua 4:1-7
1. Why did God tell the Israelites to take rocks from the Jordan River? What were the people instructed to do in the future regarding this monument?
2. Why do you think God wants his people to build this monument? Why is it important to remember?
3. Think about a special time in your life. What do you do to remember that time? Why do you remember it?
4. Have you ever had an experience with God that you know you needed to remember? What do you do to remind yourself of this and tell the story of God in your life?
5. How can we pray for you this week?