Icebreaker: Tell us about a time you were extremely thirsty and how you satisfied it.
Read John 4:1-26
1. Jesus discussion with this woman was awkward because he was a man and a Jew and she was a woman and a Samaritan. When have you found yourself in an awkward conversation that you knew was from God? How did it turn out?
2. Jesus directs the conversation toward spiritual issues using the metaphor of water. When the woman asks for this special water, Jesus tells her to call her husband. Why did Jesus do that? What happens to the intensity of the conversation? Do you think she was offended? Would you have been as bold? Why or who not?
3. The woman responds to Jesus request to meet her husband with honest transparency. What does this tell you about her? What comment does Jesus make about her living situation and is Jesus condemning to accepting of her?
4. When this woman repents, she leads her whole village to Jesus. Who lead you to Jesus? Who have you introduced to your firmed Jesus? Who are you currently praying for to find and follow Jesus?
5. How can we pray for you this week?